Friday, May 21, 2010

Journey as an Infoscion- I

It was 7 AM, Mysore. Roads entirely deserted. The cab in which I started to kick start my career, my first job, was cutting through the cool breezes and speeding towards Hootagalli. No Traffic, no sign of pollution, very less human appearances, highly sloped roads.. probably I was having one of my best morning rides. As we neared, heart began to pound- reason not known till date!Probably for the excitement of reaching my workplace alone or a new city all alone without parents for the first time. Cant say which reason weighed more..

As I reached, there were already students.. oopss.. sorry.. very near future infoscions sitting in a row of chairs in a disciplined manner. Never knew this discipline standards would increase to an infinite level at that point of time. It was finally 8 AM. A security personnel made an announcement to get ready with the passport, offer letter originals and a copy. Well it was a bit difficult to carry all the luggage at once to the gate.. but my eyes were searching for the sight of campus more than to submit the passport etc. Once done with the formalities, we were sent inside, where again we had to form a queue with our medical certificate in hand. Now.. these preceeding 3, 4 minutes were probably the most memorable moments for my eyes…

There stood, India’s largest post-independence built building before us – GEC 2. I have seen many pics of this building but that, now stood right in front of me. Awestruck, mesmerized with the build, unbelievable, proud, whatever I felt then can not be expressed in words. The greenery, flowers and a huge .. (when I say huge, I really mean it.. ) arena in front of it, added to its beauty. We were then sent to the underground level where we were given a temporary ID card and I was given a Blue tag with it. Later I came to know that we would be grouped to 7 such colored groups when in training and there would be competitions among these groups.. At last, I was given a room key with the block number and room number written on it....!!

I, then, dint know that i was holding my heavenly home for the next 5 months in my hand. Before i could give any further thought, my luggage was placed into one truck and me in a Qualis..

No comments: